World Cup 2010: Lesson Ideas
The World Cup is a great opportunity for many teachers to introduce songs, facts and information for the classroom but another possibility for teachers is to use pictures. However, why would a teacher wish to use pictures in the classroom?
Pictures can support creative thinking, encourage free-thought and allow students the opportunity to discuss ideas amongst themselves. For example, how could teachers use the picture below in the classroom?
- Make a headline
- What is the player in the background thinking?
- Do you know player number 10?
- What do you think will happen next?
- What is number 13/15 thinking?
- Describe the picture to a partner and get them to draw it without them seeing the original.
I hope this sparks some ideas and if you have more, please feel free to comment.