Do you want to teach in China? Then email me a CV, recent photo and an introduction video.

Are you an English Teacher with a CELTA, Trinity TESOL or 120 Online TEFL Course? Do you want to teach in China? Are you from Europe or a recognisable English speaking country? If you answered yes to the questions above, then you could be eligible to teach in China. ELT Experiences works with some of the best recruiters in China. If you wish to be considered, there are a few things that you need to do before applying.


Documents Required

Teaching in China can be a very rewarding and exciting opportunity, but there are a few things that you need to arrange. Please email me the following information:

  • A Recent Photo: a picture will be the first thing that a recruiter or school and you want to make a good first impression. Please ensure that you comb your hair and wear formal clothing.
  • CV/Resume: when a recruiter or school looks at your CV, they are looking for teaching experience (if any). Highlight any English Language Teaching certificates you hold and check your spelling.
  • Introduction Video: it’s a good idea to make a video as some recruiters and schools will require this. So please record your introduction detailing why you enjoy teaching, experience you have gained so far as well as why you want to teach in China. Remember to make a good impression, smile and wear something formal.


Visa Process

When applying for the Z Visa (the Chinese Visa for English teachers), you will need to get a few things prepared to take to the Chinese Consulate.

  • Invitation Letter: your school/employer will provide an invitation letter if you are successful.
  • Criminal Background Check: this is required by many countries now, not just China. You will need to provide a background check. Most criminal background checks are now done online. I will help you if you are unsure how to go about this.
  • Copy of Degree/Teaching Certificate: this is another essential document. Be sure to bring the original and the copy to the Chinese Consulate.

Do not forget to look at some of the most recent job advertisements on this website and also register as a Job Seeker. You can also fill in the following Contact Form, if you are interested in teaching in China.