The Benedict School,Carpi (Italy) has an opening for one EFL Teacher to start at the beginning of September 2018.
A Teacher with Degree and CELTA or equivalent, min. 2 year TEFL teaching experience, preferably in a Language School abroad.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and dependable candidate with a strong passion for Italy’s rich cultural heritage and lifestyle. Knowledge of Italian is not necessary but would also be an asset.
Details of Position
The Benedict School is looking for a mother-tongue-level English teacher for the beginning of September 2018 to join our growing language school in Carpi.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a wide-range of courses in particular young learners. We have a large amount of kids courses that also include off-site classes in primary, secondary and high schools, therefore it is paramount that we find a teacher passionate about teaching children/teenagers. Furthermore, only candidates who carry a CELTA or equivalent, with a min. 2 years experience and full employment rights within the EU need apply.
Among our adult groups and individuals, we also have a large number of in-company courses, which we expect to increase even further in the imminent future, therefore we are also looking for a teacher familiar with expertise in business English.
We also carry out exam preparation courses such as, KET, PET and FCE as well as IELTS and the occasional TOEFL, therefore any prior involvement with any of the previous would be an advantage.
Operating in Carpi for over 30 years, ISO 9000 certified, we are a well-recognised school that has maintained a strong client base across the local area. Fully equipped with state of the art interactive whiteboards and digital equipment, we offer our students a unique learning experience in our innovative approach to teaching. Our methods follow comprehensive programs in general and business English as well as adding extra opportunities in literature and conversation courses.
Knowledge of Italian is an asset (not a necessity).
- Instruct students in EFL classes (private students and companies)
- Responsible for class preparation and/or curriculum and lesson planning
- Keep record books and prepares all related materials: Assessments, Evidence of student progress including attendance & progress reports
- Works with adults & children/teenagers in individual, semi-individual and group settings
- EU passport holders only
- Recognized teaching certification (RSA/CELTA,TEFL,TESOL, etc…)
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Strong classroom management skills / organisational and planning skills / ability to give clear, concise directions and explanations
- Some proficiency level in a second language preferred (Italian)
- Creativity / Imagination
- Good interpersonal / communication skills
- Minimum teaching experience: 2 years
- Experience with blended courses is a plus (with online platform; video; internet)
- Experience with Multimedia Interactive Boards is a plus
- Experience with online courses (w/Skype) is a plus
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary with a spacious fully furnished apartment with complimentary WIFI, shared with two other teachers in single rooms, included in the package. Transport to school and corporate clients is provided by the school.
Teaching General English to students at all levels up to CPE proficiency and Business English to Business people (“at school” and “at the companies”) with a min. guaranteed 90 hours per month over a 11 month contract, renewable for a full school calendar year.
Teachers normally work more than the guaranteed hours and can reach 25 – 28 paid teaching hrs/week.
Working days: Monday to Friday; Saturday morning not always