About SDE International Education
SDE International Education is an education solution provider that was founded in 2004 and is contracted by municipal education bureaus across China to hire and manage foreign teachers for schools in the public and private sectors. While SDE's main office is located in Shenzhen, China, it also has offices in Beijing, Chengdu, Hefei, and Wuhan. In addition to the China offices, it has a U.S. office in Rockville, Maryland.
Since its establishment, SDE has been committed to attracting the most talented and diligent education professionals and placing them in China's best public schools, kindergartens, and private training centers. We directly employ our teachers and assist them with all aspects of their on-boarding and employment in China. SDE fully complies with immigration laws and national employment standards, and is sponsored and certified by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
We look for college graduates who are interested in living, working, and traveling abroad. The most qualified candidates have a sense of adventure and are open to exploring different cultures, languages, and foreign environments as they spend a year overseas in China. As a language instructor working abroad for SDE International Education, you will be fully immersed in Chinese culture, and you will be able to enjoy the cultural diversity that exists in major international cities, such as Shenzhen or Beijing. After carefully selecting our candidates, we ensure their transition to living and working abroad is smooth. We provide bilingual caseworkers to help our candidates get settled in China as they arrive. We provide opportunities for our teachers to tutor if they are interested in making additional income. We also arrange Mandarin Chinese courses for interested teachers in order to enhance our teachers’ experiences living in China and to contribute to their professional development while they live and work abroad.
- Contract length: 12 months
- Five days working, two consecutive off days. Weekday afternoons and evenings, weekend mornings and afternoons
- 20-25 teaching hours per week
- 3-18 year old students, 5-25 students per class
- Classroom fully equipped with up-to-date technology
- Curriculum support and job training provided
- Monthly housing allowance
- Once-a-year flight allowance, will be reimbursed within a week of the First Working Day.
- End of contract performance bonus
- Contract renewal appraisal (boost monthly salary)
- Optional loan after passing company requirements
- Z work visa application assistance
- Social and accident insurance
- Pre-arrival onboarding webinar
- Up to 5 nights free hotel upon arrival
- Airport pickup
- Bank, phone card, and rental assistance from English speaking staff
- Welcome package and comprehensive onboard training
- SDE sponsored social and cultural events
- Ongoing teacher mentoring and assessment (classroom observations, webinars and training sessions)
- One month paid annual leave
- Career ladder opportunities
- Part time opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- Range of positions available from entry level to experienced teacher positions
- Hold a passport from the U.S.A., Canada, Australia, U.K., South Africa, New Zealand, or Ireland due to Z-Visa issuance regulation
- Positions available immediately
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 /month