It is a lovely day in Eastbourne today; the sun is shining, it’s not too windy and above all it’s my wife’s birthday. Such a perfect day. Today I created a lesson related to perfect days. Have a look below to my lesson plan:
- Brainstorm with students activities that you do during the weekend (‘walk along the seafront’, ‘meet friends’, etc) and write their ideas on the whiteboard.
- Explain to students that they are going to listen to a song, and as you have guessed, Lou Reed “Perfect Day”.
- Put students into groups (3 or 4 students) and hand out the tagxedo picture featuring the lyrics and ask students to rewrite the lyrics using the words in the tagxedo as a prompt. The students listen to the song a couple of times.
- Students present their version of the lyrics to the class.
- Once everyone has presented to the class, handout the lyric sheet to students so that they are able to compare with their version.
This lesson also complements the One Stop English “Perfect Day” listening activity. The lesson plan is available to view below. If you require the audio file, it is available to download here.
Leave a Reply