It is a lovely day in Eastbourne today; the sun is shining, it’s not too windy and above all it’s my wife’s birthday. Such a perfect day. Today I created a lesson related to perfect days. Have a look below to my lesson plan:
- Brainstorm with students activities that you do during the weekend (‘walk along the seafront’, ‘meet friends’, etc) and write their ideas on the whiteboard.
- Explain to students that they are going to listen to a song, and as you have guessed, Lou Reed “Perfect Day”.
- Put students into groups (3 or 4 students) and hand out the tagxedo picture featuring the lyrics and ask students to rewrite the lyrics using the words in the tagxedo as a prompt. The students listen to the song a couple of times.
- Students present their version of the lyrics to the class.
- Once everyone has presented to the class, handout the lyric sheet to students so that they are able to compare with their version.