Teaching is one of the most rewarding professions in the world. Teaching abroad – especially in a country that values education and respects teachers – is the type of life-changing experience that you will remember forever.
Banyan Global Learning works with a network of schools in Asia to find qualified teachers for our growing team in Asia. We have high retention rates and extensive support from American management including regular professional development sessions. We see ourselves as a budding network of excellent teachers who actively support each other both during and after their time with us.
- Salary: 17,000 RMB per month. This is a **very** generous salary given the low cost of living in Kunshan, where a one bedroom apartment in a newly constructed building costs about $300 USD / 2000 RMB.
- Free apartment plus utilities located within 10-15 minutes walk from school
- Flight reimbursement of $1500 USD / 10,000 RMB
- Work visa assistance
- Supplementary private health insurance. The work visa health insurance in China is pretty bare bones… we care about our teachers and want to make sure they have better coverage!
- Teach two classes – K1, K2 or K3 – for a total of 3 hours per day
- 2 hours of informal time spent with students each day
- An original curriculum is provided, but freedom is given for teachers to bring in their own materials and expertise
- Start date of August 15, 2017. Pack those bags!
- English speakers from America, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand (due to visa regulations)
- University graduates with at least a Bachelor's degree
- TESOL/TEFL certification and/or local teaching credential
- Teaching experience is preferred, but exceptions can be made for especially positive and motivated candidates
- People who are looking to grow and change in the way you can only if you live in a place like China, which can demand resilience, a positive attitude, and a spirit of adventure!
- Located about an hour outside Shanghai.
- Part of the largest metropolitan area in the world, but it’s also about as quaint and quiet as a city of 2 million people can be.
- Tree-lined streets, canals, bustling economy
- Pronounced "KWEN-SHAN"
- School is close to the bus depot, which gets you to Hongqiao Airport (with metro access to Shanghai) in 45 minutes
- Low cost of living
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume/CV to: