As a School List Counselor, you will work under guidance of a Student Account Manager (SAM) to provide one-on-one support to assigned students in navigating the college search process. You will responsible for developing a final school list that matches their academic profile, career aspirations, and family’s financial situation.
This is a flexible position which requires a commitment of 3 hours of research, plus two 45-minute-counseling sessions per student, and lasts for 1-3 months. It also requires the counselor to be responsive to student and GPA staff queries. Most meetings will be conducted via Skype, but use of GPA offices in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi is also an option.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Evaluate the student’ profile and school choice criteria
● Research school options that match each student’s profile, criteria, and estimated financial need
● Communicate the list with students (and/or parents) and revise the list based on given feedback
● Finalize a list of school that student will submit to (with continue guidance by the Student Account Manager)
● Develop a positive mentoring relationship with the student
● Build a professional and open relationship with GPA staff
● Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in the U.S
● Have an understanding of the college application process in the U.S.
● Have a general understanding of national universities and liberal arts colleges system
● Excellent research and evaluation skills
● Experience in working with teenagers or working in educational field is an advantage
● Confident, open-minded and friendly
Salary and Benefits:
The School List Counselor will be paid per student at the amount indicated in your letter of offer and until the student’s application is complete. You will be paid monthly over the course of the process.
Professional orientation and trainings will be provided by GPA.